With the increasing pace of digitalization and popularity of online gaming, the career in game design has become an immensely progressive field of technology. Whether it’s game design or development, graphics, animation, gaming website development, or digital marketing, the demand for game designers in various companies is now high.
That is why a good number of students nowadays are seen to be taking courses in game designing after their 12th grade or even after graduation. So if you, too, are interested in pursuing a career in game design, here is some basic information.
Seeking To Build A Career In Game Design?
My career as a game designer includes the entire visualization, planning, prototypes, and designing of online games. This might include designing characters, levels, puzzles, animations, graphics, etc. Coding in various computer languages is also required.
The job roles of a game designer are-
- To conceptualize the entire game and make plans to implement the game design.
- To develop the plots and storylines.
- To set the rules of the game.
- The game designer is also responsible for the initial testing of the game. Both quality and reward/risk balance checking are focused on the testing.
- Game designers should be innovative and creative. Because a game designer’s role also includes pitching new game design ideas to management or colleagues.
- A game designer is responsible for the documentation as well. This includes creating and managing various related documents, production and operation schedules, product prototypes, coordination plans, and more.
- A game designer needs to work closely with the UX UI designers and coordinate with the entire team for smooth operation.
As mentioned earlier, the scope of a career in game design is high these days. Successful completion of a game design degree makes you capable of working on projects related to online game designing, game development, graphics design, 3D animation, computer programming, and many more.
These skills have great demand in many big tech companies and never go out of trend. Though a career in game design is relatively new and lesser-known by many now, it is seen to be grabbing attention in recent days as a highly rewarding career option. The scope is bigger in the near future.
Like the other professions, the salary of a game designer too depends on the qualification, experience, and area of expertise. The starting salary of a junior game designer in India ranges from INR 20k-30k. As the experience and skills grow, a game designer can earn up to INR 70-80k in a month. Nowadays, many game designers take freelance projects as well. If freelancing starts working well, a game designer can earn lakhs every month.
Kickstart Your Career With Arena Animation
Excited to start a career as a game designer? Take your first step by choosing one of the best game design courses in Pune. Arena Animation Tilak Road is here to guide you on the journey.